Basic shared objectives that have been the basis of “Nadeshda” project are the idea of a long-term responsible partnership, a comprehensive approach to maintaining and improving health, sustainable development and a belief in the importance of exchanging the experience and holding joint meetings
- Equitable participation of all the initiators in “Nadeshda” project implementation (i. e. active involvement of all the organizations, whatever is their standing and financial means, in order to shape the strategy and to provide for concept-based project development);
- Participatory style implemented for the management of “Nadeshda” employees;
- Independent Belarusian and German experts’ involvementintomedical, pedagogical and psychological activities; catering organization and development of ecologically sustainable farming, building and energy conservation in order to turn progressive experience and innovative approach into pedagogical work and development of the facilities of the center and in order to bind their approach into a unique concept compliant with the international standards.
Comprehensive approach to maintaining children’s health
- Determinethe particular needsof children and teenagers who suffered from the aftermaths of the catastrophe at the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant;
- Learn to confront the health risk factors, prevent chronic illnesses and develop children's individual vital competences as a personalitiesand as responsible members of society living in harmony with nature, taking into consideration the risks and personal limitations of health.
- We strive at creating ecologically friendly facilities in an ecologically safe natural environment (in a water conservation district and a park belt; with maximum use of wood for interior finishing and furnishing of the center’s rooms. Energy conservation and material resources conservation combined with up-to-date technologies and sustainable energy sources with are paid special attention to);
- Close conceptual relations of the approaches implemented for pedagogical work and development of the facilities of the center (i. e. the rooms and the territory of the center shall be equipped and decorated in order to create a feeling of comfort, develop the senses, attenuate aggression, thus having a positive influence on children’s health).
- Children and teenagers shall make sure that ecology and sustainable development are not only discussed at the Children's Recreation & Rehabilitation Center “Nadeshda” but are also applied in all the spheres of the center’s activities.
The importance of exchanging the experience and holding joint meetings
- Venue for meeting a number of people of different professions and especially teenagers coming from various countries.
- “Nadeshda” project aims at maintaining permanent relationships with other Belarusian institutions and organizations in order to exchange experience, to make them acquainted with proper approaches to activities and to get an impulse for proper development. “Nadezhda” deliberately act s as a booster and regularly organizes conferences, seminars and other events. Children's Center “Nadeshda” holds events for the Vileikaprovince inhabitants and organizations to build contacts in the area of its location.
- “Nadeshda” center was envisioned as a dynamic, constantly developing project to swiftly react to changes in the needs of children and teenagers who suffered from the aftermaths of the catastrophe at the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant.